Terms and Conditions
Please read these terms and conditions for the Scottish National Investment Bank’s Website carefully. Topics covered in these Terms & Conditions are:
- Information about us and what these terms contain
- Other applicable terms
- We may suspend or withdraw our Website
- Using the Scottish National Investment Bank Website
- Linking to the Website
- Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
- Requests to remove content
- External links
- Applicable law for these terms and conditions
- Intellectual property
1. Information about us and what these terms contain
1.1 The Scottish National Investment Bank plc (“The Bank” or “we” or “us”) is a company registered in Scotland (company number SC677431). The Bank’s Website is managed by the employees, and from time to time our agents and contractors.
1.2 The Bank is a development finance company wholly owned by the Scottish Ministers and is not authorised or regulated by the Prudential Regulation Authority (“PRA”) or the Financial Conduct Authority (“FCA”). The Bank and its subsidiary entities are not banking institutions and do not operate as such. This means that neither the Bank, not any of its subsidiaries, are able to accept deposits from the public. A complete legal structure chart for The Scottish National Investment Bank plc and its subsidiaries can be found at www.thebank.scot/freedom-of-information
1.3 www.thebank.scot (the “Website”) is wholly owned & operated by the Bank.
1.5 If you would like to contact us at any time in regard to these terms and conditions, please email email@example.com.
2.2 We may update and change our Website from time to time to reflect changes to our users’ needs, our events and the network’s priorities, or as required as a result of changes in applicable laws or regulations. These changes may be made without notice to you.
2.3 We regularly update the Bank’s Website and can change or remove content at any time without notice to you.
2.4 By using the Bank’s Website you agree to any changes to these terms and conditions once updated.
3. Other applicable terms
4. We may suspend or withdraw our Website
4.1 Our Website is made available free of charge.
4.2 We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our Website without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our Website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
4.3 You are responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our Website through your internet connection are aware of these terms and other applicable terms and conditions, and that they comply with them.
5. Using the Scottish National Investment Bank Website
5.1 We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our Website, and of the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws and treaties around the World. All such rights are reserved. For further information, please refer to section 13 (Intellectual Property) below.
5.2 You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our Website for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our Website.
5.3 You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way from our Website, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
5.4 Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our Website must always be acknowledged.
5.5 You must not use any part of the content on our Website for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
5.6 If you print off, copy or download any part of our Website in breach of these terms, your right to use our Website will cease immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made.
5.7 You agree to use the Bank’s Website only for lawful purposes. You must also use it in a way that does not infringe the rights of, or restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of, this Website by anyone else.
6. Linking to the Website
6.1 We welcome and encourage other websites to link to the Bank’s Website, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
6.2 You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
6.3 Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page.
6.4 You must not establish a link to our Website in any website that is not owned by you.
6.5 We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
6.6 You must contact us for permission if you want to either:
- charge your website’s users to click on a link to any page on the Bank’s Website; or
- say your website is associated with or endorsed by the Scottish National Investment Bank or by the Bank’s Website (please see below for more information pertaining to the use of the Scottish National Investment Bank trade-marked logo).
6.7 If you wish to link to or make any use of content on our Website other than that set out above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
7.1 While we make reasonable efforts to keep the Bank’s Website up to date, we do not guarantee or warrant (implied or otherwise) that the information provided will be:
- complete; and / or
- free from bugs or viruses.
7.2 The Bank’s Website and the content provided therein is exclusively for informative purposes. Nothing on the Bank’s Website or in its contents is intended to provide advice of any kind (including legal, financial, tax or other professional advice). You should get professional or specialist advice before doing anything on the basis of the content contained in the Bank’s Website.
8.Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
8.1 We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
8.2 We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our Website or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
8.3 We do not accept any responsibility for any loss which may arise from reliance on information or materials available on the Bank’s Website.
8.4 If you are a business user:
- We exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our Website or any content on it.
- We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, delict (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our Website; or
- use of, or reliance on, any content displayed on our Website.
- In particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
8.5 If you are a consumer user:
- Please note that we only provide our Website for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our Website for any commercial or business purposes. We will not be responsible to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity (whether direct or indirect in nature).
- If defective digital content which we have supplied damages a device or digital content belonging to you and this is caused by our failure to use reasonable care and skill we will either repair the damage or pay you compensation. However, we will not be responsible for damage which you could have avoided by following our advice or having in place the minimum system requirements advised by us.
- You are solely responsible for securing and backing up your content.
9. Requests to remove content
9.1 You can ask for content to be removed from the Bank’s Website. We will only do this in certain cases, e.g. if it breaches copyright or trade mark laws, contains sensitive personal data, or material that may be considered obscene or defamatory.
9.2 Contact us by emailing email@example.com to ask for content to be removed. You will need to send us the web address (URL) of the content and explain why you think it should be removed.
10. External links
10.1 Where our Website contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them.
10.2 We are not responsible for the accuracy, legality or content of the external site or for that of subsequent links. These links are being provided as a convenience and for informational purposes only; they do not constitute an endorsement or an approval by the Scottish National Investment Bank of any of the products, services or opinions of the company, association, organisation or individual. The Scottish National Investment Bank bears no responsibility for the accuracy, legality or content of the external site or for that of subsequent links. Contact the external site for answers to questions regarding its content.
10.3 We have no control over the contents of those websites or resources.
11.1 We take regular measures to check and test the Bank’s Website for viruses. We do not, however, guarantee that our Website will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
11.2 You must make sure that the way you use the Bank’s Website does not expose you to the risk of viruses, malicious computer code or other forms of interference which can damage your computer system. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our Website. You should ensure that you use appropriate virus protection software.
11.3 We are not responsible for any loss, disruption or damage to your data or computer system that might happen when you use the Bank’s Website.
11.4 When using the Bank’s Website, you must not knowingly introduce viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or any other material that is malicious or technologically harmful.
11.5 You must not try to gain unauthorised access to the Bank’s Website, the server on which it is stored or any server, computer or database connected to it.
11.6 You must not attack our Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you may be committing a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We may report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our Website will cease immediately.
12. Applicable law for these terms and conditions
13. Intellectual Property
13.1 The Scottish National Investment Bank and third parties who have granted us permission to reproduce their material on the Bank’s Website, own all trademarks, copyright and all other intellectual property rights in the content on the Bank’s Website.
- You are not permitted to use our logo without our prior approval.
- Without prejudice to any other rights or actions, unauthorised use by third parties of the Bank’s logo is prohibited.
- For enquiries relating to the use of the Bank’s logo , please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- With the exception of copyright owned by third parties or unless otherwise stated, copyright in the Bank’s Website, and all other material made available through it, belongs to the Scottish National Investment Bank.
- Content provided on the Bank’s Website can be used by you for your own personal use.
- If you would like to use content that is subject to copyright and which is provided on the Bank’s Website for commercial purposes or otherwise, please email us at email@example.com